Sendoline is a Swedish company who develops, manufactures and markets dental products in the field of endodontics. Our core products are root canal instruments, files and our mechanical cleaning systems S1 and S5.
Sendoline was founded in 1917 by dental technician John Sjöding. Initially he concentrated on manufacturing dental gold alloys and dental laboratory products but soon he realized the need to extend the scope of operations to include endodontic products. His vision was to make endodontics easy, more ergonomic and patient friendly and this has since then remained at the core of Sendoline´s focus.
One of Sendoline´s earlier product innovations is the Hedström file (also known as the H-File), which was developed in the 1940s in collaboration with the Swedish doctor Gustav Hedström. The launch of the Hedström file introduced a new and more effective way for dentists to work and the H-file is still one of the most widely used files around the world today.
Another example of how Sendoline has contributed to the improvements within the endodontic field is the introduction of the S-file in the 1980s. The cylindrical core design of the S-file with double cutting edges provides good flexibility and excellent debris transportation.
In the 1990s Sendoline launched its first Nickel Titanium files along with the NiTi-TEE Rotary file system, used for mechanical cleaning.
In 2008 the S5 Rotary System was launched. The S5 is a rotary system consisting of the cordless S5 Endo Motor and 5 sizes of S5 Rotary Files. Each instrument has its own pre-set torque setting on the S5 Endo Motor which makes it safe and easy to use.
The S1 System, a reciprocating single file system, was launched in 2016. The S1 contra-angle handpiece has an integrated gearbox creating the reciprocating motion directly in the contra-angle with no need for an external motor. You simply connect the contra-angle to your dental unit, and you can perform a root canal treatment using only one single mechanical instrument.
Sendoline´s aim is to make endodontics easier and safer for the dentist and their patients, that´s why we constantly keep developing new products and updating existing ones.
History of Sendoline and our products.
- 1917 – Sendoline was founded by dental technician John Sjöding
- 1940s – The Hedström-file (H-File) was developed in collaboration with the Swedish doctor Gustav Hedström.
- 1980s – The S-File was introduced.
- 1990s – Sendoline launched its first Nickel Titanium instruments along with the NiTi-TEE Rotary file system, used for mechanical cleaning.
- 2008 – The S5 Rotary System with the S5 Endo Motor and S5 Rotary Files was introduced.
- 2013 – The S5 Apex Locator was introduced.
- 2016 – The S5 Rotary Files comes in sterilized package.
- 2016 – Release of an updated version of the S5 Endo Motor with an accompanying apex clip.
- 2016 – Sendoline’s reciprocating single-file system S1 is launched.
- 2017 – The new S1 Plus instrument is launched, in pre-sterilized package.
- 2019 – The S1 Plus Small and S1 Plus Large instruments and new S1 Paper Points and S1 Gutta Percha Points are launched to complete the S1 system.
- 2020 – The SendoSeal MTA is launched, a bio-compatible root canal sealer.
- 2021 – Sendoline was aquired by Directa and is now a part of DirectaDentalGroup.