Dental technician John Sjöding founded Sendoline in 1917. Initially he concentrated on manufacturing dental gold alloys and dental laboratory products but soon he realized the need to extend the scope of the operations to include endodontic products.
His vision was to make endodontics easy, more ergonomic and patient friendly and this has since then remained at the core of Sendoline´s focus.
One of Sendoline´s most important product innovations is the Hedström-file (also known as the H-File). It was developed in the 1940s in collaboration with the Swedish doctor Gustav Hedström. The launch of the Hedström-file introduced a new and more effective way for dentists to work and the H-file is still one of the most widely used files around the world today.
Another example of how Sendoline has contribute to the improvements within the endodontic field is the introduction of the S-file in 1980s. The cylindrical core design of the S-file with double cutting edges provides good flexibility and excellent debris transportation.
In 1990s Sendoline launched its first Nickel Titanium files along with the NiTi-TEE Rotary file system, used for mechanical cleaning.
With a growth excelling most rivals, Sendoline is rapidly making its footprint in the global dental market by being represented worldwide.
History of Sendoline and our products.
- 1917 – Sendoline was founded by dental technician John Sjöding
- 1940s – The Hedström-file (H-File) was developed in collaboration with the Swedish doctor Gustav Hedström.
- 1980s – The S-File was introduced.
- 1990s – Sendoline launched its first Nickel Titanium instruments along with the NiTi-TEE Rotary file system, used for mechanical cleaning.
- 2008 – The S5 Rotary System with the S5 Endo Motor and S5 Rotary Files was introduced.
- 2013 – The S5 Apex Locator was introduced.
- 2016 – The S5 Rotary Files comes in sterilized package.
- 2016 – An updated version of the S5 Endo Motor with an accompanying apex clip is released.
- 2016 – Sendoline’s reciprocating single-file system S1 is launched.
- 2017 – The new S1 Plus File is launched, in pre-sterilized package.