Dental technician John Sjöding founded Sendoline in 1917. Having initially concentrated on manufacturing dental gold alloys and dental laboratory products, he soon realized the need to extend the scope of the operations to include endodontic products.
His vision was to make endodontics easy, more ergonomic and patient friendly, which has since then remained at the core of Sendoline´s focus.
In 2005 Sendoline was acquired by W&H, one of the dental industry´s oldest and most respected dental companies. With a growth excelling most rivals, Sendoline is rapidly making its footprint in the global dental market by being represented world wide.
History of Sendoline and our Products.
- 1917 – Sendoline was founded by dental technician John Sjöding
- 1940 – The Hedström-file (H-File) was developed in collaboration with the Swedish doctor Gustav Hedström.
- 1980 – The S-File was introduced.
- 1990 – Sendoline launched its first Nickel Titanium instruments along with the NiTi-TEE Rotary file system, used for mechanical cleaning.
- 2001 – NiTi-TEE mechanical instruments are launched.
- 2005 – Sendoline AB was acquired by W&H.
- 2008 – The S5 Rotary System with the S5 Endo Motor and S5 Rotary Files was introduced.
- 2013 – The S5 Apex Locator was introduced.
- 2016 – The S5 Rotary Files comes in sterilized package.
- 2016 – An updated version of the S5 Endo Motor with an accompanying Apex Clip is released.
- 2016 – Sendoline’s reciprocating single-file system S1 is launched.
- 2017 – The new S1 Plus file is launched, in pre-sterilized package.