This one-day intensive course aims to develop an understanding of the steps required to achieve predictable, reproducible, and successful endodontic outcomes using evidence based endodontic principles. The blended learning approach brings together the theoretical knowledge with the hands-on techniques that allows consolidation of existing skills and development of new approaches to overcome common endodontic difficulties.
Learners will be able to:
- To provide an overview of endodontic case assessment – when to refer?
- To re-examine access cavity design and its importance in endodontic success
- To understand the importance of achieving patency and mechanical glidepath with hand & NiTi instruments and its importance in preventing mishaps in endodontics
- To gain a broad understanding of Apex locators in determining working length
- To gain confidence in mechanical preparation using rotary NiTi shaping instruments and the importance of irrigation for chemo-mechanical debridement of the root canal system
- To discuss obturation, its purpose in endodontics and how to predictably obturate the root canal system with modern bioceramic materials
The learner understands:
- The factors that influence success in endodontics
- The features and benefits of modern endodontic materials and equipment
- How to safely and effectively use irrigants in endodontics
- The appropriate choice of obturation system and material
- The importance of case selection
Anticipated GDC development outcomes: C
Maintenance and development of knowledge and skill within your field of practice
08:30 – 09:00 Registration
09:00 – 15:30 Lecture & hands-on with Ammar Alhourani
15:30 – Depart
Can I claim CPD for this event?
Yes, the day is certified for 6 hours verifiable CPD.
Who do I inform of any special dietary requirements?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Does the course provide all materials I will require for the hands on session?
We supply a 3D printed tooth per delegate and additional endo training blocks for shaping and obturating.
Should you require any further information prior to the day, please contact email@example.com, or call 07786 306312.